Saturday, July 9, 2011

Beautiful grief

Grieving can certainly be an ugly process, full of confusion, bitterness and pain.  We shouldn't ignore this.  At the same time we should recognise that grief can be dignified, elegant, poignant and beautiful.  There comes a stage of grief when it very quickly moves from an seemingly unending ordeal to an uncertain, but workable and optimistic process, something which allows you to rebuild your life again.

After this stage it becomes easier to see the beauty in the breakdown and to accept it.  The closest friends I have I met while I was grieving and some of them moved away, some of them stayed in touch.  Every one of them saw me as person in need, gave some of their time and helped me along the way.  That's the kind of beauty I want to show here.  It's wistful, poignant and requires some reflection to appreciate fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment