Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some good advice

I think the best advice I ever got was from Dylan. We were both teenagers and I was frustrated with how boring I found my hometown. (The feeling didn't go away until I started university.) It was simple and to the point and since long before his death it's changed my life for the better:

If you're bored then don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself.

In the months and years that followed Dylan's death it was easy to get bored and to slip into depression. So on the anniversary of his death I've tried to do something different, to get away from work and spend a weekend with friends. Most of the people I spent time with didn't know it was a special day, since Dylan died on July 4th.

Here are some photos from previous years:



A weekend in London with family and friends (2011)



A road trip to Yosemite with Eugy and Manuel (2009)



A trip to see family in friends in Crewe and Birmingham (2007)



No comments:

Post a Comment